With summer fast approaching and the second half of 2019 on the horizon, the analysts at CGA have been busy investigating changes and trends in the cocktail industry Vs the same period last year. On the whole, the outlook for the industry is extremely positive. We've highlighted the key findings and picked out a few nuggets of information that you may find useful in your own venue.
The Cocktail Market
- The value of GB on trade cocktail market is up 9.5% (to £587m) on Q1 2018
- The number of on-trade stockists serving cocktails is up 6.7% on Q1 2018 to 42,000. This growth is up 12% Vs 2017.
- Vodka still dominates the share of all cocktail serves, however, Rum, particularly Golden Rum, has seen the greatest year on year growth.
Try our delicious White Hemp Daiquiri using coconut and spiced rum HERE.
- The Pornstar Martini (+1.8pp) has cemented its place as the top mainstream cocktail based on the share of serve in the GB market.
Take a look at how we make our Pornstar Martini's HERE.
- In terms of flavour, consumers remain strongly in favour of refreshing, fruit-based cocktails, with strawberry (42%) leading the way.
Our Strawberry Daiquiri recipe is pretty delicious. Take a look HERE.
Funkin Cocktails #BestServed… Everywhere
bartenders and trade partners.
Sign up today for exclusive news, and offers, and earn reward points for Funkin Purees, Syrups and Cocktail Mixers as well as a whole range of bar equipment and spirits.
Funkin Cocktails caters for both professional bartenders and at home cocktail lovers.