It’s the end of a long, tiring year and all you want to do is indulge and relax with family and friends, safe in the knowledge that your annual January cleanse is just around the corner. Sound familiar? This was the view of over 4.2 million people who took part in Dry January in 2019. With a record number of sign-ups for the 2020 event, we’ve taken a look at some of the statistics behind the growth of Dry January and the wider no & low trend that’s got the drinks industry talking.
- The value of no & low alcohol to the beers, wine and spirits industry is now over £116.6 million
- There has been growth of over £22.4 million in the low & no category in the last year
- Only 2% of consumers who drank low & no in the last 12 months were previously teetotal
- 20.4% of Brits now claim to be teetotal, including 22.6% of women and 18.1% of men
- ⅖ of 18-24-year-olds are actively trying to moderate their alcohol consumption
- ⅓ of all of the UK’s teetotallers come from females over the age of 55
- One in six (17%) has bought mocktails or low-alcohol cocktails—equating to some 8 million consumers - a far more significant number
- 55% of consumers believe that mocktails taste the same or even better than their alcoholic counterparts
- ¾ of consumers expect mocktails to be cheaper than regular cocktails
The growing no & low market within the drinks industry has made it impossible for bars to ignore Dry January. Stryyk, who produce the non-alcoholic alternatives to Rum, Vodka, and Gin, have partnered up with 25 bars across London offering drink incentives and bespoke serves using their products. It’s not just small independents who are acting on the growth. Stryyk have announced that The Alchemist are running a bespoke Dry January menu with Stryyk as the only non-alcoholic spirit listed.
If you are interested in learning more about Stryyk’s ‘Trail’ then follow the link HERE.
In the meantime, take a look at some of their hero serves below.
If you are interested in learning more about Stryyk or listing their products, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Funkin Trade caters for professional
bartenders and trade partners.
Register for exclusive news, and offers and earn and redeem reward points for Funkin Pro Purees, Syrups and Funkin Cocktail Mixers as well as a whole range of Funkin bar equipment and spirits.