CGA and Alix Partners have released their quarterly Market Growth Monitor Analysis. We've summarised the key trends in the industry throughout the country.
- Licensed premises down 2.4% in 12 months, a decline of 2920 from the 116,880 premises in June 2019. This is the 8th quarter of year-on-year decline.
- Restaurant closures continue but groups are more resilient. An average of 18 independent restaurants are closing per week. In comparison, restaurant groups are performing slightly better with closures only up 1.2% in the previous 12 months.
- Net bar and pub closures slower than restaurants despite both being in decline. Whilst restaurant numbers fell 3.4% in the year to June, pub & bar numbers fell only 2%.
- Net closures are relatively even across the country. Sites are down 2.4% in the north of England, 2.6% in the south, 2.5% in central England & Wales, and 2% in Scotland.
- Leased drink-led pubs are down 25% in the last 5 years. The move away from the leased model has coincided with major pub groups switching to directly managed sites. Most leased pubs that have closed are yet to reopen.
Funkin Trade caters for professional
bartenders and trade partners.
Register for exclusive news, and offers and earn and redeem reward points for Funkin Pro Purees, Syrups and Funkin Cocktail Mixers as well as a whole range of Funkin bar equipment and spirits.